Sunday, April 03, 2005

Naked

I take off the clothes of my world
The tools used to hide behind
The pride, the lies, the rage,
The fear
I stand before the mirror
And view myself undressed
Simple and serene
A creation of love
I think to myself: you always become
what you pretend to be
But how can you become something
other than what you are made to be?
How can any of this dress up and make believe
add up to beauty, passion, truth?
I am searching my features in the reflection
The roundness of my soul, the gentle curve
of my hope for the future, the taughtness of the
truth that covers me
I am tempted to run through the streets like this
Naked, pure, and free
Shouting and laughing for others to come and join me
Instead feel the cold seeping in
I shiver and throw on a sweater

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew there was a deeper level to all the naked dancing! Love your stuff - keep writing!

dani

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani and I were going to write the same thing, that is funny. this is great Jen. It's going in my journal. Love you.

kate

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Al B said...

Heh, you never know who will stumble upon your blogs. I'll run with you. Awesome stuff. The part where you asked people to join was golden, as was your subsequent awareness. Keep it up!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home